If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, then you can apply for a super visa for your parent(s) and/or grandparent(s).
The super visa is even better than a standard visitor visa because it allows your parents and grandparents to remain in Canada with you for a longer time.
But, the requirements are also more specific and more difficult to meet.
Super Visa Eligibility
To apply for a super visa for your parents or grandparents, these criteria have to be met:
For the child or grandchild in Canada:
- Must meet the Minimum Necessary Income requirement based on your family size
- Sign a letter promising financial support for your relatives who are visiting
- Provide proof of your income
|Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)|
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum Necessary Gross Income|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$6,827|
For the parent or grandparent outside Canada:
- Get medical insurance from a Canadian insurer which is
- Valid for at least 1 year
- At least CAD$100,000 coverage
- Proof of payment
- Take an immigration medical exam performed by a doctor approved by the government of Canada (panel physician)
- Meet the other requirements from entry to Canada