No Express Entry Draw this week and problems in the online immigration system of Canada
Express Entry candidate are experiencing a lot of issues with their applications which makes the whole process of applying, frustrating. Since the new NOC 2021 transition, express entry applicants have experienced even bigger number of issues with the online application system. After the transition to the new NOC 2021 on 16 Novmeber,2022, Express entry candidates needed to accordingly update the system with the NOC 2021 5 digit code and their primary occupation to match the National Occupation Classification (NOC) 2021 so their application is correct and they are eligible for an ITA.
The problems are highlighted as follows:
- People who are in the pool and by the scores they had didn’t receive an ITA (Invitation to apply) and there are no updates from IRCC regarding this.
- Some of the applicants have received an ITA but can’t access their dependent spouse part of the profile and are not being awarded points for spouse’s Canadian work experience
- there are a lot of 404 errors on the official website for express entry of Canada and applicants can’t access their profiles and update them correctly.
- Some of the problems is also the system requiring the NEW NOC 5 digit code rather than the 4 digit code for the old NOC, even for applicants who received an ITA before 16 November, 2022, which shouldn’t be happening and goes against the instructions of the IRCC.
- The system changing the names of documents uploaded so that it is not possible to tell which document is which after upload—this has happened for multiple clients and with multiple documents such as police certificates, letters of employment, etc.
- The other problem that isn’t new and that has been going on for some time is not being able to log into the portal even if all of the information you typed in is correct.
- Candidates receiving points they were not entitled to and got an ITA
- Candidates being marked eligible for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) even if they didn’t required it
The problem with the portal and issues the Express entry candidates are experiencing are going on for some time. The solution which has worked for some of the applicants is trying multiple times to get something done which can be really frustrating.
Note: Make sure to always report the technical issues on the portal so the problem is resolved as quickly as possible
No express entry draw
This week also is marked because there was no Express Entry Draw. Candidates were eager for the results of this week and now are getting worried and there are no updates from IRCC regarding this. Maybe all of the issues and glitches mentioned above are the reason that there wasn’t express entry draw this week. However there isn’t an easy solution to problems like this and things may be like this for some time in the future.
The errors that appeared in the express entry system started after the transition to the new NOC on November 16, 2022. Since then only one draw was held and was consisted of many errors, such as inviting people who are not eligible to apply and gained points which weren’t entitled to. Now it seems that the IRCC is trying to resolve the issues before the next draw so they can avoid illegible candidates and try to fix the issues for the ones that should get an ITA.
Contact us if you have issues we can help with.